‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ is a famous romance Korean drama that has just ended recently. Many beautiful places together with starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun made it very attractive. Let’s travel with izitrip.asia to the most beautiful scenes in series “The King: Eternal Monarch filming locations”
Part 1: Seoul/Gyeonggi/Incheon
1. Gwanghwamun Square
- Address: 172 Sejong-daero, Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul
The main poster of ‘the King: Eternal Monarch’ was taken at Gwanghwamun Square in Seoul. This is also the place where Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun first met. It’s one of the must-visit attractions in Seoul, which in the center of Seoul. You can see the amazing view of modern buildings and traditional Gyeongbokgung Palace at once. Also, you can walk along the Cheonggyecheon Stream, an artificial stream in the middle of Seoul.
Activities Near Gwanghwamun:
- Korean Palace Tour
- Korean Cooking Class & Market Tour near Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Deoksugung/Gyeongbokgung Palace/National Museum Half Day Tour
- Modern Hanbok Rental & Photoshoot at the Korean Traditional House or Gyeongbokgung Palace
2. Hanam City
- Address: Misa-dong, Hanam-Si, Gyeonggi-do
Hanam City is in Gyeonggi-do province but it is very close to the east of Seoul. The scene where Lee Min Ho was doing a boat race was filmed here.
Find Out More Water Activities:
- Han River Kayaking (Day/Evening)
- Han River Kayaking / Paddle Boarding / Windsurfing
3. Misa Lake Park
- Address: 739-1 Mangwol-dong, Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do
There was another scene that was filmed in Hanam in episode 9, which is Misa Lake Park. It’s a good place to take a walk and sit at the window side of restaurants or cafes. Shopping at Hanam Starfield Mall is also highly suggested.
Misa Lake Park is also a nice place to take a peaceful and quiet walk in the daytime!
4. Hallim Library, Suwon
- Address: 32-52, Dongsuwon-ro 25 beon-gil, Gokbanjeong-dong, Gwonseon-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do
Hallim library is in the scene where Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho meets at the library. This library is in Suwon, which is only an hour away from Seoul. You can easily get there by subway.
Don’t forget to visit Suwon Hwaseong Fortress when you visit Suwon! It’s a historical site that is designated as UNESCO World Heritage.
Things to Do in Suwon:
- Suwon Hwaseong Fortress & Korea Folk Village & Uiwang Rail Bike 1 Day Tour
- Everland Discount Ticket & Shuttle Bus Package
- Caribbean Bay Water Park Ticket & Shuttle Bus Package
5. Paradise City Hotel, Incheon
- Address: 186, Yeongjonghaeannam-ro 321 beon-gil, Jung-gu
Paradise City is a luxurious hotel with a casino in Yeongjongdo Island, Incheon, which is close to Incheon International Airport. The room that Lee Min Ho stayed in the drama is the Deluxe Pool Villa, which has a private pool.
Best Ways to Enjoy Paradise City Incheon:
- Enjoy Cimer (Spa/Jjimjilbang/Pool) at Paradise City Incheon
- Book Wonderbox Discount Tickets at Paradise City Incheon
Best Ways to Explore Incheon:
- Incheon Yeongjongdo Island 1 Day tour: Masian Beach & Incheon Bridge Exhibition Center
- Yeongjongdo Seaside Rail Bike Discount Ticket
- Incheon Instagram Photo Tour
- Incheon K-drama/movie Shooting Spots 1 Day Tour
Thank you for joining us, we hope you had an exciting experience and don’t forget to travel with us in the next trip to Busan!